PRINCE2 Foundation Exam FAQs
|Examination type||Computer-based or paper-based multiple-choice questions|
|Number of questions:||60|
|Pass mark:||55% (33 marks and above)|
|Open book and/or notes:||No|
|Electronic equipment and/or aides permitted:||No|
|Time allotted for this examination:||60 min or 70 min depending on the native language|
Q: Do we have a mock exam?
A: Mock exams can be given but not the day of the exam itself. This is to avoid spending too much energy on the mock exam and being tired for the exam itself. SAS Management Inc., usually does practice questions by bits to ensure easier retention and quicker association of knowledge to the principles/topics.
Q: Are we, the participants from the recently-concluded batch, required to take the PRINCE2 Foundation certification exam at the same time or can we take it separately?
A: You may take the exam separately. You have the option to take the paper-based exam or online exam.
Q: Should I do paper based or online?
A: The choice is yours but both have their own pros and cons
Paper Based Pros :
• Going back to questions is easier since you have a separate answer sheet and questionnaire.
• Results take 5-15 minutes as papers have to be scanned and submitted by SAS to PEOPLECERT via exam application provided by PEOPLECERT.
• You have to be physically present at a SAS Management facility to take the paper-based exam.
Computer-based/Online Pros :
• Results are instantaneous and will be available right after the exam.
• Exam can be done anywhere as long as the requirements for a facility and technology is met.
• The typical computer-based exam layout makes the reviewing of the answers an added difficulty.
• Internet related incidents are higher in the regions who have internet speed issues/concerns.
• Technology requirements need to be met before appearing for the exam.
• No human intervention for any incidents during exam.
Q: How do we advise you regarding our exam?
A: Contact your Spartan POC and inform him/her the type of exam preferred (paper-based or online). Please allow 48 hours for a reply or for the voucher (for online exam) to be sent to you.
Q: I have decided to take the online exam. What do I do?
A: Please send an email to your Spartan POC to request for a web-based exam voucher.
SAS Management, Inc. will book and request the exam voucher from Peoplecert.
You will receive an email from Peoplecert with the exam voucher code, link and guidelines on how to register, schedule and take the exam. You can choose the available time slot of web proctors using the online exam scheduler.
Please take note of the following additional information:
– Validity of the exam voucher is 1 year from the initial date of request/booking.
– Duration of the exam is 60 minutes (no extension)
– Exam is not open book
Q: What is the schedule of the web-proctored based exam? Is there a deadline on when we can take it?
A: You will have to check for available schedule from the Peoplecert portal using the online exam scheduler (Note: This will be available via the link you will receive from Peoplecert)
Please take note that the validity of the exam voucher is 1 year from the initial date of request/booking.
Q: I have received the email with the exam voucher code. What are the next steps in order for me to take the exam?
A: – Visit https://www.peoplecert.org – Create your PeopleCert Account. If you already have one, please sign in. – Enter the Exam Code. – Follow the on-screen instructions, submit the required information and schedule your exam.
Q: What are the requirements for the online exam?
- Photo ID (A valid Government issued ID that includes a photograph and date of birth in English characters, such as a National ID card, Passport, driving license, military card, or social security card.)
- A quiet room with sufficient light and a clean desk. No other persons are allowed to be present in the room.
- External or integrated Web camera able to rotate 360o
- Primary computer or laptop screen resolution 1024×768 or higher, min. 15”
- Windows® 10, 8.1, 8 or 7 / macOS Yosemite (10.10), El Capitan (10.11), Sierra (10.12) , High Sierra (10.13) ,Mojave (10.14) or Catalina (10.15)
- Internet connection >= 512/512 kbps (up/down)
- Speakers and microphone
Q: Will the results show the correct answers for each question?
A: No. The result will only tell you whether you pass or fail. In 3 – 5 business days, you will receive an email including how you did per topic but it will not indicate the correct answers to each question.
Q: How do I go about in taking the paper-based exam?
A: Exams are conducted everyday 11Am-12PM and are limited to only 6 participants per day.
Please send an email to your exam POC to book an exam date.
The exam venue is at or Makati branch office located at Unit 204 Villa Building, Jupiter St. corner Makati Avenue, Makati City, Philippines
Q: I have confirmed my date of paper-based exam and I have received the details from SAS Management, Inc. What do I need to bring on the day of the exam?
A: Just bring your mask, face shield, and a valid ID. Pencils and exam collaterals will be provided by SAS Management, Inc.
Q: How do I know I am in good hands when I take my paper-based exam?
A: While we may not be able to provide protection on your way to the exam venue, we have been following and enhancing safety protocols since February 2020 to protect our clients and employees.
As part of our safety measures, the following will be implemented prior to and during your examination at the venue: – Accomplishment of Health and Travel Declaration Form;
– A “no mask, no entry” policy will be implemented;
– A foot bath will be used for every person entering the exam venue.
– Proper disinfection of the room prior to your exam;
– Temperature check using infrared no-contact thermometers;
– Physical distancing will be strictly implemented;
– The use of air purifiers in the room;
– The availability of alcohol for everyone’s use.
Q: How will I know the result on the paper-based exam?
A: The result will be emailed to your registered email address within 5-15 minutes.
Q: If I pass the exam, when will the certificate be available?
A: The e-certificate will be available in 3-5 business days after passing the exam.
Q: Is there a retake?
A: Yes, but an exam fee will have to be settled before retaking the exam.
Q: How much time do I have to take the exam from the time of the training?
A: For paper-based exams, you can advise SAS anytime so the date and time can be arranged. For online proctored-based exam, once a voucher is released, it will be valid for one year.
Q: Any pointers or tips for the exam?
A: Do not memorize the content of the training or any materials. Some questions may have different structures but ask about the same principles and best practices and memorizing may lead to confusion. Also, before taking the exam, make sure you are fully rested and stress-free. Relax, and enjoy the exam!