The ITIL® Practitioner Training Course was developed in collaboration with Practitioners worldwide to help organizations and individuals increase the value they obtain from using the ITIL® framework by offering additional practical guidance to adopt and adapt the framework to support the business.
It can be the next step after ITIL® Foundation for professionals who have already learned the basics of IT Service Management (ITSM) and the business value of well-designed and delivered services. It is also equally applicable to those who have already taken Intermediate training and even those who have achieved ITIL® Expert level. It will help guide you through the practical side of successfully applying the theory in the workplace.
Formal exams became available on 1st February 2016.
The Key points of ITIL® Practitioner are:
- Providing practical guidance on how individuals can leverage Continual Service Improvement (CSI) to maximize the benefits of adoption and adaption of ITIL®.
- Aiming to improve the capability of individuals throughout the business, to adopt and adapt ITIL® in their day-to-day roles to generate maximum business benefits.
- Making use of technological capabilities, such as automation, real-time reporting and Cloud computing, to increase the quality of service design and the efficiency of service delivery.
- Leveraging other frameworks and good practices and methodologies - such as Lean, DevOps, Agile and SIAM - to further enhance the value of ITSM.
3- Day Program
Candidates can expect to gain competencies in the following areas upon successful completion of the education and examination components related to this certification:
- It will give you a broader knowledge how to implement IT Service Management using the ITIL® Framework.
- You will gain an insight into effective and efficient methods of process design and deployment.
- It will enhance your ITSM career prospects
The ITIL® Practitioner Certificate exam lasts 1 hour and 45 minutes and is 'open book'.
The exam is a scenario-based multiple choice exam that tests the candidate's ability to apply the knowledge and the tools in the best possible way.
The exam is based on various elements of ITIL®, with a strong focus on Continual Service Improvement (CSI), a fundamental lifecycle stage in ITIL®; as well as additional guidance covering the practical elements in more detail.
The exam targets Bloom's taxonomy levels 3 – 5.
The qualification aims to demonstrate that IT Service Management (ITSM) professionals are equipped with the skills to apply ITIL concepts in their organization, ensuring maximum business value by delivering fit-for-purpose and fit-for-use services. At the same time, it's designed to give confidence to managers that the members of their team are ready to initiate and successfully carry out required improvement initiatives.
WE’RE HERE TO HELP
To inquire online about our award-winning training, please complete the form and SAS Management representative will contact you.