Certified Service Desk Analyst/Manager Exam FAQs
Q: Are we, the participants from the recently-concluded batch, required to take the certification exam for Service Desk Analyst/Manager at the same time or can we take it separately?
A: You may take the exam separately. You have the option to take the paper-based exam (on-site) or online exam.
Q: Should I do paper based or online?
A: The choice is yours but both have their own pros and cons
- Going back to questions is easier since you have a separate answer sheet and questionnaire.
- Results take 5-15 minutes as papers have to be scanned and submitted by SAS to PEOPLECERT via exam application provided by PEOPLECERT.
- You have to be physically present at a SAS Management facility to take the paper-based exam.
- Results are instantaneous and will be available right after the exam.
- Exam can be done anywhere as long as the requirements for a facility and technology is met.
- The typical computer-based exam layout makes the reviewing of the answers an added difficulty.
- Internet related incidents are higher in the regions who have internet speed issues/concerns.
- Technology requirements need to be met before appearing for the exam.
- No human intervention for any incidents during exam.
- The exam will be automatically submitted once the time is finished even if you have not answered all the questions.
Q: How do we advise you regarding our exam?
A: Contact your Spartan POC, informing him/her of the type of exam preferred (paper-based or online). Please allow 48 hours for a reply or for the voucher (for online exam) to be sent to you.
Q: I have decided to take the online exam. What do I do?
A: Please send an email to your Spartan POC to request for a web-based exam voucher.
SAS Management, Inc. will book and request the exam voucher from Peoplecert.
You will receive an email from Peoplecert with the exam voucher code, link and guidelines on how to register, schedule and take the exam. You can choose the available time slot of web proctors using the online exam scheduler.
Please take note of the following additional information:
– Validity of the exam voucher is 1 year from the initial date of request/booking.
– Duration of the exam is 60 minutes (no extension)
– Exam is not open book
Q: What is the schedule of the web-proctored based exam? Is there a deadline on when we can take it?
A: You will have to check for available schedule from the Peoplecert portal using the online exam scheduler (Note: This will be available via the link you will receive from Peoplecert)
Please take note that the validity of the exam voucher is 1 year from the initial date of request/booking.
Q: I have received the email with the exam voucher code. What are the next steps in order for me to take the exam?
– Visit https://www.peoplecert.org
– Create your PeopleCert Account. If you already have one, please sign in.
– Enter the Exam Code.
– Follow the on-screen instructions, submit the required information and schedule your exams.
Q: What are the system requirements for the online exam?
Windows® 10, Windows® 8.1, Windows® 8, Windows® 7
Dual-core 2.4GHz CPU or faster with 2GB of RAM (recommended)
Active Full-Time/Broadband internet connection of 512/512 kbps (up/down)
16-bit monitor (at least 15”) with screen resolution 1024 x 768 or higher
Speakers and microphone (the use of headsets is only allowed during onboarding)
Keyboard and mouse or another pointing device
A single web camera (embedded or external) you can rotate.
Please click link for detailed instructions on online exam/proctoring:
Q: How do I go about in taking the paper-based exam?
A: Schedules are Mondays to Fridays (closed during holidays) 11Am-12PM and are limited to only 6 participants each exam session.
Please send an email to your Spartan POC to book an exam date.
The exam venue is at our Makati branch office: Unit 204 Villa Building, Jupiter St. corner Makati Avenue, Makati City, Philippines
Q: I have confirmed my date of paper-based exam and I have received the details from SAS Management, Inc. What do I need to bring on the day of the exam?
A: Just bring your mask, face sheild, and a valid ID. Pencils and exam collaterals will be provided by SAS Management, Inc.
Q: How do I know I am in good hands when I take my paper-based exam?
A: While we may not be able to provide protection on your way to the exam venue, we have been following and enhancing safety protocols since February 2020 to protect our clients and employees.
As part of our safety measures, the following will be implemented prior to and during your examination at the venue:
– Accomplishment of Health and Travel Declaration Form;
– A “no mask, no entry” policy will be implemented;
– A foot bath will be used for every person entering the exam venue.
– Proper disinfection of the room prior to your exam;
– Temperature check using infrared no-contact thermometers;
– Physical distancing will be strictly implemented;
– The use of air purifiers in the room;
– The availability of alcohol for everyone’s use.
Q: How will I know the result on the paper-based exam?
A: The result will be emailed to your registered email address within 5-15 minutes.
Q: If I pass the exam, when will the certificate be available?
A: The e-certificate from PeopleCert will be available in 3-5 business days after passing the exam. The e-certificate can be viewed in your Passport (PeopleCert portal) and can be downloaded.
Q: Is there a retake?
A: Yes, but an exam fee will have to be settled before retaking the exam.
Q: How much time do I have to take the exam from the time of the training?
A: For paper-based exams, you can advise SAS anytime so the date and time can be arranged. For online proctored-based exam, once a voucher is released, it will be valid for one year.
Q: Any pointers or tips for the exam?
A: Do not memorize the content of the training or any materials. Some questions may have different structures but ask about the same principles and best practices and memorizing may lead to confusion. Also, before taking the exam, make sure you are fully rested and stress-free. Relax, and enjoy the exam!